Saturday, October 16, 2010

Interent is a brain? Is it intelligent?

About 10 years ago I heard an idea from professor Caro Lucas. I think it's good to tell you about this unique idea:
When we have a lot of connections in a system, This system will be intelligent, such thing is happened in our brain."We don't know why, but the result of these connections is intelligence."Lucas said.(It's a long time and maybe I forget some part of this idea)

I was thinking if this idea be true, something strange is happenning:
Nowadays we have systems with a lot of connections like internet: netwoks of networks; so Internet is intelligent? If yes how can this newborn baby show it's intelligence to us. how much it's IQ is? Can it help us? (Ouch! My mind said.)

I search the web to know more about these ideas: I found this site, Jeff Stibel has written an article which is started with these sentences :
The Internet is a brain. There, I said it. It has taken me far too long to publicly utter those words. And not because I don't believe them, but for fear that people will think I am crazy.

I like to work on this topic for my bachelor theses, differece and similarity between brain and internet but when I asked about this, Many stare at me in a strange way and implied: What do you say? Are you crazy!

I will be thankful if you tell me about your ideas

some useful links about this idea:
BBC News : Brain works more like internet than 'top down' company
Wikipedia: about Wiered for thought book

3 comments:

  1. You could at least spell Jeff Stibel's name right.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Stibel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anonymous.
    Sorry! I am wondering why my memory had worked such poor for even one word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you said reminds me of connectionism, have you ever heard of it?
    see this:
    http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/connectionism/

    ReplyDelete